May 30, 2012

Pyaar ke kagaz pe..

Ok, so I had a rather tiresome day on Monday travelling the length and breadth of Bangalore! But the bright side was I got to go to my parents' place and spent some quality time with the nephews.


They have their summer vacation and were driving the grandparents crazy. :) So I did a card-making workshop with them..Hehe..talk about spoiling the fun for the boys! The younger one is pretty interested in such stuff, but making the elder one sit though this was quite a challenge. On top of that, they wanted to cut the color-cones (like mehndi cones but filled with paint instead) themselves and made quite a mess with it!! They had very particular tastes when it came to colors that they wanted. (Skanda went orange while Pranav said yellow, but he secretly wanted purple.) 


I asked the kids what they wanted on the cards and pat came the reply 'Cheetah'. Ya right, like I was going to draw that! I asked them for something smaller and Skanda said 'Ant'. How innocent and straight-forward! :-) We then settled for a cat on Skanda's card and an apple for Pranav. 


And the occasion? It was their father's birthday. How I wish such craft items were available/affordable when we were kids. Sigh!


And oh, all the writing was done by Skanda! :-)







4 comments:

Sandhya said...

How sweet!! :) ..he wanted to draw "Ant" ...that was damn cute :)...I remembered ..i used to ask my "best friend" which bird he liked..and used to draw that for him on his birthday card :) ..wow!

vinu said...

@sandhya :-) tat's sweet! I never really gave anyone a hand-made card b4!

Unknown said...

I havent visited your blog in ages :-(. I see this now! Honestly I dont know how you managed to get these done! I tried my hand at it last time and I could not hold them back for more than 10 mins!! They are smitten with ya :-)

vinu said...

@akka: :-D perks of being an aunt you see, the way Sid shoos away Pranav when he is reading with ya! :D